IRCTC is ready to start 200 special passenger trains from June 1. Meanwhile, the online booking of these special trains has already begun on the IRCTC website and app from May 21.
News has it that these trains will run on full capacity in both AC and non-AC coaches. In addition, the general coaches will also have reserved seats.
However, the railways have framed certain mandatory rules for all passengers travelling in these 200 IRCTC special trains. Here is a comprehensive list of the travel guidelines set by IRCTC.
Food & catering rules
- The passenger train ticket will be exclusive of catering fee. IRCTC has temporarily suspended e-catering and prepaid meal ordering service. Yet, passengers will be served packaged drinking water and limited food items in select trains having pantry cars on payment basis. Information about the same will be provided at the time of booking tickets.
- For safety purpose, passengers are expected to carry their own food and drinking water for the train journey.
- Stalls, bookstores, chemist shops etc. will remain open at the stations.
- Takeaway meals may be provided in food plazas and refreshment rooms. No sit-down meals will be served.
Linen and blankets rules
- Linen, blankets and curtains will not be provided inside the train. All passengers will have to carry their own linen aboard the train.
- The Railway Ministry has said that the temperature inside the air-conditioned coaches will be well-regulated for the convenience of passengers.
- The railway officials have also advised the passengers to avoid carrying unnecessary baggage.
if ( window.TimesGDPR && TimesGDPR.common.consentModule.gdprCallback)